A Volunteer-Led Organization
Board of Directors
President, Michael Homoya
Past President, Jeff Pitts
Vice President, Davie Sue Wallace
Secretary, Tom Swinford
Treasurer, Don Gorney
Director, Wendy Ford
Director, Thomas Hohman
Director, Ruth Ann Ingraham
State Program Leaders
Annual Conference 2017, Tom Hohman
Book Sale, Suzanne Stevens
Conservation Advocacy, Douglas Rohde
Grants & Awards, Daryn Fair
Historian, Ruth Ann Ingraham
Invasive Plant Education, Ellen Jacquart
Team Leader, Scott Namestnik
Journal Editors, Patricia Happel Cornwell & Kit Newkirk
Letha’s Youth Outdoors Fund, Angela Sturdevant
Membership, Cynthia Monnier
Native Plant Rescue, contact chapter heads for local activities
Plant Sale & Auction 2017, Kelly Spiegel & Tammy Stevens
Public Outreach, contact chapter heads for local activities
Speakers Bureau, contact chapter heads for local speakers
Website & Communications, Wendy Ford
Youth Outreach, OPEN, contact chapter heads for local activities
East Central, Jon Creek
West Central, Tracy Alderson
Central, Jeannine Mattingly
North, Steve Sass
Northeast, Sandra Lamp
South Central, Steve Dunbar
Southwest, Julie Smith
INPAWS’ Strategic Plan 2016-2020 outlines three priorities:
A. Position INPAWS for visionary leadership.
1. Complete transition to Board, Council, Chapter structure, clarifying respective roles, limitations, leeway
2. Engage INPAWS members more fully in the vision
B. Establish INPAWS as a highly visible champion for native plants and biodiversity.
1. Develop an effective messaging strategy.
2. Explore new vehicles and technologies to educate, inspire, and motivate target audiences.
3. Implement a comprehensive media campaign to convey INPAWS messages.
C. Nurture the next generation of ambassadors for biodiversity.
1. Maintain steady growth in Letha’s Youth Outdoors Fund.
2. Empower INPAWS chapters to engage with schools and youth organizations in their locales.
3. Collaborate with other Children in Nature organizations.
4. Publish a book on Indiana native plants for preschool and kindergarten children.